READ THIS, I BEG YOU
Today I have swatches of the Lisbon collection from OPI for Spring/Summer 2018!
Check out Polish Pick here: http://polishpick.com/
and the Ulta Exclusives can be found here: https://www.ulta.com/lisbon-nail-lacquer-collection?productId=xlsImpprod17531193
Suzi Chases Portu-geese
Lisbon Wants Moor OPI
Tagus In That Selfie!
You’ve Got Nata On Me
Sun, Sea and Sand In My Pants
Closer Than You Might Belem
Made It To The Seventh Hill
Now Museum, Now You Don’t
We Seafood and Eat It
No Turning Back From Pink Street
A Red-vival City
Tile Art To Warm Your Heart
Climb Every Castle
Can I Bairro This Shade?
And The Raven Cried Give Me More
On my nails: Zoya – Chita
On my lips: Mac – Hue
Not sure about the terms I’m using in my videos? Check out My Nail Polish Dictionary here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52P0iqTkUs
Check out my brand of nail polish, Nine Zero Lacquer, here: http://www.ninezerolacquer.com/
Abandoned vlog Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/jessFACE90vlogs?feature=mhee
Please send business inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What top coat/base coat do you use?
– I don’t have a favorite topcoat, usually I use the INM Out The Door (can be found at Sally’s Beauty Supply) for swatches and the HK Girl from Glisten & Glow for manicures. My all time favorite base coat the CND Stickey. You can find that on Amazon.com or at Ulta stores.
Why do you take your picture and video swatches separately?
– Since my lighting, camera settings, and tripod all have to be adjusted when switching from pictures to video, its faster, and helps keep the lighting more consistent, if I batch process all the pictures at once and then all the videos at another time. It also helps me get a feel for how to work with the polish if I do my pictures before the video.
How long do you let your nail polish dry between coats?
– I wait until a coat is completely dry to the touch before adding another one. The time it takes for that to happen varies from polish to polish, but usually is around 3-5 minutes.
How long do swatch videos take you to make?
– To take pictures, film, edit, and upload, it takes between 8-12 hours depending on the size of the collection.
Why don’t you paint EVERY SINGLE inch of your nail and ALL THE WAY UP TO THE CUTICLE EVERY SINGLE TIME?! DEAR GOD WHY?!
– I purposely avoid the sides of my nails and my cuticle line when I’m swatching because I do swatches one after the other after the other. Removing polishes that are applied too close to the skin can stain the skin around my nails and make the next swatch look bad. I do it to keep the video clips and pictures clean.
Why don’t you use a peel-off base coat when you swatch? You should use the UNT one because Simplynailogical uses it and everyone should use everything she uses with no exceptions.
– I speed swatch. The polish is still wet or tacky by the time I remove it to apply the next one. Using a peel-off base coat would not only add an extra step to my routine, but would require me to wait for the polish to dry before it could be peeled off. This would end up taking more time and be less efficient for me.
Trust me, if Cristine suggests it, I try it…but everyone has different taste in products and everyone does things differently. Two people can have vastly different opinions on a product. It doesn’t mean that one of them is wrong, it means that they’re different people.
Are you going to swatch the Essie/OPI/China Glaze _ collection?
FTC: Some of the polishes shown were sent to me for review